Program and Background:
Our client is working on a program that continues to grow they have a current IT efforts focused on a variety of initiatives and need a strong tester with roughly 7 years of experience. This person must be an expert with hands on manual testing on a variety of systems. They must be comfortable working testing for more than one software and must have proven experience developing test plans and cases to then execute by.
This is a challenging hands-on technical opportunity for a Test Engineer to join a high performance team of professionals developing and testing leading edge software systems including mobile applications and cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced Test Engineer that has a background of working closely with other members of a technical development team. The Test Engineer should be familiar with system life cycle processes and with all aspects of software testing to include system, integration, and regression testing as required. The Test Engineer' s responsibilities will consist of analyzing requirements, testing newly developed systems, tracking discrepancies, and writing test plans and test reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of an agile software development test team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment learning new tools and processes.
- Test software applications in various environments (e.g., Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, iOS), and verify software integration with web services and custom hardware technologies.
- Validate software requirements through functional, usability, performance, security, stress, compatibility, internationalization, ad-hoc, and regression tests.
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans and procedures for software systems.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical discussion.
- Review user stories, backlog items, analyze testability of requirements and provide feedback.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to clarify user stories and determine appropriate testing scenarios to validate the iterative development of products against functional and technical specifications.
- Timely identification of issues and effectively communicate adequate priority level and impact to software developers, project manager, and appropriate parties to facilitate issue resolutions.
- Demonstrate work at the completion of sprints to key stakeholders to ensure solutions meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with development teams to define product functionality.
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure all test activities are properly executed and documented according to our client' s standards.
- Configure hardware and software test equipment as required for the test environment and assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Complete test requirements for all milestones, and software and documentation deliverable.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to pick up and learn new products with little supervision, as well as adapt to a variety of situations and tasks.
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, IT or similar degree
- Experience with various aspects of software or hardware testing (e.g., component, integration, system and acceptance testing).
- Experience with providing test estimation to management and project teams.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Strong experience translating requirements and user stories into functional test plans.
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting experience isolating system failures.
- Ability to articulate open issues and risks in a timely manner to management and make recommendations.
- Ability to clearly identify and document defects, and collaborate with the development team to prioritize bugs until resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to write well-articulated test plans and facilitate product demonstrations.
- Experience with systems administration (Windows, Unix/Linux), hardware and software configuration
- Experience with GUI
- Experience with AGILE SCRUM Methodologies.
- hardware and software acceptance test experience
- Understanding of test automation and/or VMware
- Hands-on experience with penetration testing
- Experience with TargetProcess software