Systems Engineer x3
This job requires a Secret level Clearance for one, and TS-SCI with Polygraph for two other spots.
This program is responsible for cloud innovation for the customer. This program is going through a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The Systems Engineer will be part of a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The selected candidate must be aware of all activities associated with the design, test configuration, qualification, certification, operation, and requirements of the product/project. The Systems Engineer will support a large complex physical and AWS environment.
Day to Day:
The program is looking for a systems engineer with extensive experience building enterprise solutions for the customer. The ideal candidate will have full software development life cycle experience and will be responsible for working across an enterprise of 250 technical personnel and managers. In this position, you will work across the organization to manage dependencies, collaborate on development best practices, and make recommendations on high visibility initiatives.
This person will provide full live-cycle systems engineering services for the Sponsor' s infrastructure and application services including: converting customer requirements into system specifications for infrastructure and software design, development, test, deployment, and/or enhancement.
They will be using standardized, repeatable methodologies to assess legacy applications for cloud migration readiness. This will include- design and engineer infrastructure applications services to take advantage of the unique capabilities of a cloud-based hosting environment such as automatic scaling and load balancing; evaluating COTS and GOTS, as needed, to determine the best and most efficient way to develop; support the creation / maintenance of related technical documentation
1. Experience with Migration and understanding Legacy conversion. .
3. Experience with Agile development methodologies
1. Technical understanding, Citrix, Windows, & Unix/Linux, networks or VM ware.
2. Demonstrated experience migrating legacy applications / functions into a cloud environment
Must be able to architect and implement cloud infrastructure designs to meet customer needs or understand what it takes to design or migrate to the cloud.are some areas where technologies being used: MS Office 365, AWS, Big Data, Collection, Virtualization, Storage, Cloud, VM Ware, Networks.
- Demonstrable success communicating the value of user-centered design and design thinking to customers, users, program managers, executive leaders in large and small groups.
- Demonstrable success designing with one or more of the following visual design tools or similar tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Sketchflow or Balsamiq.
- Demonstrable success working with a software-development team in an Agile software development environment.