Sr. Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer
Candidate must have TS SCI with POLY to be considered
Our prime was just awarded a program supporting a government customer. The team needs a seasoned Software Engineer to join their team immediately.
Day to Day:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of new code, as well as update and maintain existing code. They will support a system that provides real time mission critical data, and is also correlated with network routing data. The environment is very collaborative, the engineer will work alongside network engineers, electrical engineers, system admins and the customer, so this is a great opportunity for the engineer to expand their breadth of knowledge.
The engineer should have a strong background in Object Oriented, as well as scripting languages such as C/C++, Python, Bash/shell, Perl, and Ruby. They work in a Linux environment and with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL. The version control system used is Git and Subversion.
- Experience programming on a Linux Platform
- Development frameworks: Qt, PyQt, Node.js, Django
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Version control (git, subversion, etc)
- Networking (Cisco, troubleshooting, maintaining high speed datacenter networks)
- Puppet, Salt, Cobbler, OpenStack
- Virtualization, VMWare
- Continuous build environments: Travis, Jenkins/Hudson
- Datacenter hardware platforms: IBM BladeCenter, NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant;
- High performance computing experience
- Strong security background
Job Type: Full Time