Software Engineer (S 3190, s 3193)
Annapolis Junction, MD
Our client is prime on a government program. The team is looking to bring on a software engineer immediately. The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer works individually and as part of a team. Responsibilities include:
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
• Resolves software problem reports.
• Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Develops or implements algorithms that meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
• Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
• Writes and reviews software and system documentation.
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• TS SCI with POLY
• BS and 14 years of experience, or BS and 20 years of experience. Four more years may be substituted for a degree.
• Experience in the following:
o 1) Developing and maintaining software systems in a Linux Development Environment
o 2) Reviewing and testing components for software design
o 3) Designing, implementing, and maintaining complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
o 4) Current Software Programming Tools
o 5) Seven years of Software Engineering experience on programs or contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Object Orient Programming, C, C++, Java, SQL, J2SE, XML, Visual Basic Suite including Visual Source Safe, J Builder, Windows Development Environment, Windows Client and other commonly used programming language
• Agile development experience preferred
• Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems