Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
This program is responsible for building, designing and maintaining a technical environment for the customer to be able to run and use its analytics tools. Their major efforts are focused around bringing everything up into the AWS Cloud
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Install new databases and apply maintenance fixes/patches supplied by vendor.
- Perform setup and tuning of system parameters
- Tune the database for the OS platform of choice.
- Ensure appropriate storage for the DBMS (capacity planning).
- Enable the DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software.
- Interface with any other technologies required by database applications.
- Install and maintain third-party DBA tools.
- Create and maintain replication.
- Monitor database health.
- Upgrade DBs to most recent stable version.
- Ensure database security.
- Plan and implement backups and recovery.
- Create new schemas and user accounts with required privileges.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Setup automated jobs within database for loading, backups or status notification.
- Provide import or export support for datasets.
- Support scheduled database or application outages.
- Maintain documentation for Standard Operating Procedures, After Action Reports, configuration setup and installation and patching procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Minimum 11 years’ experience
- Oracle RAC 11g and 12c
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Guard
- UNIX-based environments
- shell scripting
- Experience supporting an enterprise software development environment
- Experience with customer encryption-at-rest products
- Experience with database networking security, including PKI certificates, Oracle wallets, Java Keystores, and configuring SSL/TLS
- Experience supporting MySQL
- Oracle replication technologies Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate
- Installing and configuring Galera Cluster for MySQL
- SQL Developer or SQL Work Bench
Job Type: Full time