Linux Systems Administrator - SHIFT
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - SHIFT
Candidates must have a TS/SCI security clearance and willing to sit for a Polygraph in order to be considered.
Our client is the prime on a large program that provides Support to the customer’ s Mission Engineering Systems. The program is broken down into a Tier1/Tier2 Service Desk, which provides 24 x 7 x 365 Systems Support and the team includes Systems Administration Support, as well as Network and Hardware Systems Support and Information Assurance / Information Security Support. They also have an Tier 2 / Tier 3 Systems Administration team which provides O&M Support for their Unix/Linux Systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- System Administration is done primarily from the CLI; Command Line Interface
- May program or script in an various shell languages.
- Test and evaluate system functions and capabilities.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Perform the necessary research to resolve issues to conclusion
- PANAMA SHIFT WORK HOURS
- 5-8 years of UNIX/LINUX System Administration at the Command Line Interface (CLI):
- As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access.
- Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them.
- Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures.
- Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
- Unix shell command competency – should be able to:
- Interpret scripts as to their function
- Manipulate and edit files using copy, scp, diff and vi.
- Control and determine the state of services and daemons Manage process control
- Perform filesystem management (mount, unmount, fsck, swap, and mkfs, etc)
- Experience with the following processes and concepts:
- Ethernet networking and TCP/IP
- DoD 8570 compliant - Security+ CE or CCNA-Security certification.
- BS degree or equivalent
- In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
- ADVANCED candidates should have the knowledge of:
- Sendmail, IMAP
- ZFS administration
- Nameservices, NIS, NIS+, LDAP
- Xwindow services
- Printer Configurations (CUPS)
- Logical volume administration
- Disk Partitioning
- Zone administration
- Clustered file systems
Job Type: Full Time