Java SWE ( c3977, c3978)
annapolis junction, MD
Java Software Engineer
Candidate must have TS SCI with poly.
Our clients program provides technical solutions to a government customer to support a system that provides near real-time, interactive map of the global Internet. By fusing public domain, commercial and other data, the system provides a comprehensive view of Internet routing infrastructure relative t networks of interest Selected intelligence information automatically correlated with network routing data and overlaid network topology maps provides customer with a powerful network analysis advantage.
The Java Software Engineer will provide software development and software maintenance by implementing new functionality and resolving existing issues. They should look forward to daily SCRUM stand-up meetings and providing the customer with recommended solutions on how to improve user experience. The Engineer will be using JIRA to track new requirements, requirement changes, bugs/defects, and enhancements.
Other responsibilities include:
• Provide complexity estimations for enhancements/bug fixes using Agile methodologies
• Provide code review support for team members’ code changes
• Provide unit tests for code changes
• Participate in formal testing before new baselines are released
In order for the candidate to be successful, they must have strong Java development experience, agile, and Jira experience.
- BS degree and at least 12 years hands on development (see lcat description)
- Java, SQL, DBMS experience (preferably Oracle), XML, JSON
- Experience troubleshooting/debugging large enterprise applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Ant, Maven
- Java RMI, REST Web Services, JMS
- Pig Scripting
- Continuous integration experience with tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of Internet Protocols (IP, IPv6, BGP, etc)
Job Type: Full Time