Cyber Defense Engineer
CYBER DEFENSE ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
The contract provides Computer Network Defense and Analysis (CND) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. The contract is broken down into two teams, the IDS Analyst team that sits at HQ and the Engineering team that sits in Herndon. As part of this they are looking for a Senior Cyber Security Systems Engineer.
- Candidate is responsible for using their hands-on expertise designing, building, implementing, deploying, and providing Next Generation of Security Solutions, tier 2 solutions.
- Candidates will be required to support the deployment, configuration, and administration of the customer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform. The position requires the candidate be a self-starter and work well with other security teams to support cyber security operations.
- Candidate will implement and conduct all engineering activities in accordance with the organization' s Program Management Framework (PMF), PMP, SEMP, and relevant approved processes.
- Candidate is required to have hands-on expertise designing, implementing, deploying, and providing Tier 2 support for the current generation of Security Appliances.
- In addition, they should have some project management experience, but that will not be their full time duties.
- Extensive experience designing NEXT GEN solutions
- BS and 10 years hands-on experience in security with an emphasis in engineering design, configuration, implementation, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies used for the following security defense areas: network, storage/back, platforms (Windows/Linux Servers and desktops), web and email applications.
- Secure network infrastructure / secure enclave design
- Visualization of quantitative (numerical) or qualitative information
- Splunk experience: hands on with content creation
- 7 years (with a range of experiences on contract) of knowledge and hands-on experience in systems engineering to include network, storage, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security
- Demonstrated 10 years knowledge and hands-on experience working with Email / Web Security.
- Risk Assessment and ability to prioritize mitigation with security countermeasures
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience working with different security technologies for network defense, web and email defense, endpoint defenses, and SIEM (ArcSight)
Job Type: Full Time